What is the Leader in Training (LIT) Program?
The LIT program is designed to prepare you to be a godly leader at camp and in every area of your life. You will be challenged spiritually, socially, physically and mentally through a variety of exercises, teaching times, physical tasks, Bible studies and team-building initiatives. Every part of the program is Christ-centered so that you will grow spiritually in order to prepare you to lead spiritually.
Phase 1: A Bible Study and memorizations that trainees complete at home prior to arriving at camp.
Phase 2: Arrive at camp with the entire team of trainees and begin team-building.
Phase 3: Guys: backpacking trip off camp. Girls: camping trip on Camp Hickory Hill grounds
Phase 4: Return to camp to join the rest of the staff for counselor training.
Phase 5: Serve as a Junior Leader during summer camp for continued active training and serving.
What is required to be in the LIT program?
1. Applicants must be graduates of 9th grade or higher (approx. ages 15-18)
2. Applicants should demonstrate spiritual maturity in their own life and have a desire for continued spiritual growth.
3. Applicants should have a desire for impacting others for Christ.
What are the dates that I need to be at camp?
- June 27th – July 6th for entire time.
- Serve at least 3 of 4 camp sessions: July 7-10, 12-17, 19-24, 26-31
- July 23rd – 26th for entire time for LIT training.
- July 31st – Aug. 14th for counselor training and 2 weeks of camp.
Is there a cost for the LIT Program?
The guys LIT program cost is $360 which includes a 5 day backpacking trip.
The girls LIT program cost is $200 which includes a 3 day outdoor camping experience at Camp Hickory Hill.
As you serve as a Junior Leader during camp you will earn back $25 per week of service.
How do I apply for the LIT program?
Simply complete the application process below, including the application and references.